Wednesday, March 3, 2010

T'ai Pu in Performance

I was privileged to see a wonderful beat poet called T'ai Pu the other night. He was born in Trinidad and now is based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada). He was wonderful at working the audience, getting us all feeling involved and upbeat. I got the chance to go up on stage and hold up a poster of words the audience had brainstormed when he was free-styling. He was wonderfully appreciative. I wish I could find a video of him to share with you but the ones I found so far had poor sound quality and did not do him justice.



He incorporates his own Shamanistic beliefs into his poetry which perhaps makes him unique to any other beat poet I have scene. His excellent sense of humor and on the spot witty comments kept the whole audience amused. Definitely worth checking out if you ever get the chance!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very powerful night. I'm glad you got to participate (and that you felt appreciated for the wonderful things you contributed).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving the opportunities to go see different events with very talented artists.

    ReplyDelete