Friday, December 31, 2010

So it is New Years!

Another year passed! And my resolution is definitely to be going to the gym! Not only did I eat way too many holiday sweets but also I have a year and a half to make sure I am slim and trim for my bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding! Nothing more embarrassing then being up in front of all those people with my current belly! Luckily the girl I am moving in with in February loves to go to the gym so maybe we can work out together!

Tonight I plan to be tame as far as drinking concerns and beat my friend at Risk. (Last time we played our game lasted almost 24 hours!)

We had our Christmas yesterday and it was awesome. now I just have to figure out how to pack up everything I need to take back! Grr the days are getting away from me and so much work for when I get home. I can hardly wait though because I am sick of the local guys hitting on me. I have absolutely no interest in dating at the moment.

I just finished reading a wonderful book called The Birth House by a Canadian Author, Ami Mckay, about midwifery and the life of women in early Canada. I recommend it!

I also read Ravena & the Resurrected, a pop vampire novel by my friend Tami Jackson. It was terribly witty and the historical information about Seattle was intriguing. I intend to write a review on Amazon once I get home to Brandon.

And I read Inside Out Girl by Tish Cohen, a book about an autistic child and her family. It is truly heartwarming!

Happy New Years everyone!

2 comments:

  1. How many times have you been to the gym since writing this?

    Did you win at RISK?

    I feel so honored to realize you enjoyed reading my book (with all it's warts). I hope you do post a review ... on Smashwords. I have since removed Ravena & The Resurrected from Amazon since that giant of a company began behaving like a library (loaning out books without any known benefit to the writer or publisher). Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only been to the gym once, but I just got home and I am too sick to do much of anything except sleep right now. I feel confident by next week I'll be right on track with my goals! :-)

    I almost won Risk. The other players basically forfeited because they realized I was going to win and got bored.

    I will certainly write a review for R&R soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete