Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Short Story Contest!!!



On Friday, February 18th, 2011, I will be hosting an interview with Tami Jackson, author of the new e-book Ravena & The Resurrected. That's an interview here! On this blog! In honor of this special event, a short-story contest now begins! The winning prize is a copy of the urban-dark-fantasy novel which has a lot of Seattle in it, modern and historic. ($9.99 value)

Writing Contest Details:
Deadline: February 13th, 2011, midnight.
Format: MS Word Document, or .RTF file.
Specifics: Write a short story (250-600 words), any style, about vampires!

The contest will be judged for:
- spelling and grammar
- engaging writing
- solid ending
- imagery/language
- excessive use of clichés

All entries must be submitted by Sunday, February 13th, at midnight. The winner will be announced the evening of Friday, February 19th (day after the interview is posted). I gain first time rights, and will publish the winning story on this blog for everyone to read. The author will maintain all other publication rights for their work.

Submit contest entries to panademona[at]gmail{dot}com

For more information about Ravena & The Resurrected, and to peruse sample chapters, click here: http://tinyurl.com/4zuew8m.




---

http://indigoblooms.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Sorry if this is a stupid question (though I have often heard there are none) but in which time zone are you? You say the deadline is midnight but your midnight might not be at the same hour for me so could you please let me know? Because I'd hate to be late because of it. ^-^"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleepless ... she's running on Pacific Standard Time (I think).

    *Came back to find an update, Michelle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the Central Time Zone. Sorry I did not notice this sooner.I would be willing to accept entries a bit later if I thought that would be an issue, but it seems all my entries were in before the midnight deadline.

    ReplyDelete