Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Science Lesson

Today I taught my first lesson. It went reasonably well. Classroom management issues were not any higher than I expected for an exciting activity. (We went outside to observe the wind.) The children will tell you what they think though. Apparently they don't like my writing. I wrote very legibly but the class is very set in routines and that was likely the issue. The was a glitch using the overhead projector so we defaulted to using the whiteboard. I am relatively pleased with how things went and acknowledge today was likely bad timing for this lesson because a number of the children have come down with a cold or flu and were not feeling well at all. I am hoping we will have time for the tornado tube experiment on Monday. Tomorrow is already packed solid with activities and then Friday is a Pro-D Day.

I made bread pudding after school and now I am exhausted and ready for a nap. So much to do though! Halloween planning.... Social Studies planning... maybe I will just go to bed early.

As for yesterday's picture, it is of Halloween coloured pumpkin seeds. We will be using these in Math as manipulatives for Addition using Ten Frames and also for patterning!

3 comments:

  1. What's Pro-D day? Professional Dress-up Day? Proud Dad day? Princess Drag Queen Day? (The ideas are limitless).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmkay ... so I'm back, looking for an update. Sighs. {{LOL}} As though I didn't get enough of your attention on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete