Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Look At This Week

This week has been a busy one in a lot of ways. With my first student teaching placement almost at a close I can't help but reflect how wild it has been the last 5 weeks. I would say I had about one normal week with the kids, the others were either shortened for some reason or crazy due to some holiday. (ie. Halloween.)That said I am going to miss teaching, and I am dreading being the student again next week.

I have been busy in many other ways too. Mostly cooking and baking! Yesterday I made up some Donelli's stuffed spinach pasta. For a sauce I chopped up red and yellow tomatoes, red peppers, and onions and mixed them together with some Heart Shape flavoured flax oils and random spices from our shelves! The result was a very tasty meal!



Here are some of the flavoured flax oils we have. As you can see there are savoury flavours and dessert flavours too! My roommates and I agree the savoury flavours are the best!





Last week I baked cinnamon buns for the first time. They turned out really well. (No picture available because they were eaten too fast!) Then this week I made up some gluten-free shortbread for my class. I used a combination of rice flour and gluten-free all-purpose flour.



I am loving my Saturday instructing job, although I wish I had a little more free time. I guess I will once I get back to class next week because my days will not be nearly as long. Anyways the kids are great and it is wonderful experience to add to my resume.

I am planning for my winter vacation. I can hardly wait! It is almost 3 weeks long this year!

More soon, but for now sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment