Friday, May 13, 2011

Hua Hin (with video)





The night markets in Hua Hin are amazing. You can buy anything from toys to music to clothes to ice cream shaped like eggs and you can haggle on the prices of anything that is not already marked. I finally found postcards for 5 Baht each. I hope I bought enough. I didn't do a thorough job of counting. I can always go back and get more another night. I also bought a pair of fisherman's pants to wear to the temples and a turtle shaped bag for the beach and for hiking to Monkey Mountain... I have also heard it called Monkey Island, which is hilarious.
My plan was to hike to Monkey Mountain tomorrow. There is supposed to be a Buddhist Shrine and also a place that gives wonderful massages. And there are lots of monkeys. However, perhaps that is a plan for Sunday because a group of us is headed elephant riding tomorrow! We are getting up bright and early and busing to the riding location. More details to follow!
This morning I oriented myself with the town. It is relatively small but busy and touristy. The beach was decent. My understanding is you need to watch out for jellyfish. I did not swim today because I had not brought my swimsuit down to the beach. There are also horses to rent, which might be fun. I spent the midday heat indoors, gecko-watching and lazed around by the pool until dinner. We went to a small restaurant called Bam Bam. It doesn't look like much but the seafood is superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment